Growth Mindset

Author: David Slater, Date: May 17, 2016, Description: Growth vs Fixed Mindset, Link

    Before this assignment, I had a broad understand of what it meant to have a growth mindset. I had never heard of Carol Dweck, but I've heard people throughout the years tell me to be open minded and that failure is an opportunity for growth. I feel like I am in the middle when it comes to these two different mindsets. I can see myself pulling things from both sides, it just depends on the situation at hand. There are some times when I've stepped up when challenged and grown from it, and times where I've given up. 

    I believe the biggest obstacle for me to learn new things is to get started in the first place. Sometimes I find it hard to find the motivation to learn new things. However, after the initial point, I tend to learn new things quickly. Learning how to be more open to a growth mindset seems like something that I would like to do this semester. Having a more open mindset to failure and challenges seems like something that would be beneficial for my long-term mental. 
    

Comments

Popular Posts