Microfiction Week 2

                                       Luguentz Dort.jpg

Author: The Hoosier, Date: 07/14/17, Description: Lu Dort, Link

 

 "How Thunders/Rockets Should Have Ended"

    The game clock winds down to 1.3 seconds. The Rockets are up 104-102 to the OKC Thunder. Chris Paul is passing the ball to one of his teammates. After the referee blows his whistle to continue the game, the OKC players try to lose their defender so they can get the inbound pass from Chris. Within seconds, Lugentz Dort loses James Harden and gets open. In this split-second opening, Chris Paul successfully passes the ball in. Dort steps back and drains the game-winning three-pointer right in Harden's face.

"BANG"

    The announcers go wild. Nobody expected the OKC Thunder to make it into the playoffs. They were given a 0.2% chance to make it. They went above and beyond everybody's expectations and beat one of the top teams in the western bracket, 

Authors Note: The OKC Thunder actually lost this series because the coach didn't know how to make the correct play after spending more than 10 minutes in timeout. I wish the OKC Thunder won, so that's why I made this microstory. 


Comments

  1. Hi Brandon! I liked your microstory and how you made it into a different reality where the Thunder actually won. I also wish they would have won that series, but there's always next season. You do a good job of using short sentences to build up the action, and it was very concise, I understood well. I am excited to read some of the other stories you write in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Brandon!

    What a creative re-interpretation of an event! Even though I know next to nothing about basketball, I was able to pick up on the energy and adrenaline of this scenario. What a close game! I'm sorry that it didn't pan out this way in real life, but I'm glad that you were able to take inspiration from the event and create your own microfiction about it. I also think that the length of your story is just right for the event, not too short or too long. It might be interesting to see this same story from somebody else's perspective (opponents, fans, etc.) to gauge their specific reaction or even use dialogue.

    Cheers,

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post immediately caught my attention because it was basketball related. Also being a OKC Thunder fan, I am glad that you turned the story from reality and made OKC win that game. You did a good job with your writing and making it resemble an announcers point of view. This was a very interesting and memorable way to approach to this story. I hope that the OKC Thunders start taking advise from you in the future, and maybe they would have taken that series home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Brandon,
    I enjoyed your microfiction and thought you did a really good jop capturing how crucial the situation was, especially with time running out. It sucks that the Thunder didn't win, but hopefully in the future they do better haha. I don't know much about basket ball, but your story still interested me. Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to reading your other stories!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts