Microfiction: Carmelo Anthony

 

Picture Information: Author: Keith Allison, Date: 11.23.2013, Description: Carmelo Anthony, Link

The clock winds down to five seconds left in the game

Jeremy Lin inbounds the ball to Carmelo Anthony, who turns to face Lebron James

"You took my family"

Carmelo moves to the left

"You took my friends"

Carmelo moves to the right

"You took all that I ever cared about"

The game clock winds down to two seconds.

"I can't get those back, but I can still do something about this. I'll avenge my friends"

Carmelo goes up, the audience is on their feet. Something seems different about Carmelo this game. 

"HOODIE MELO SHOT"

Carmelo releases the ball. Even though Lebron is trying to block the shot, it easily goes over his head, straight into the basket. Carmelo falls down to the ground, exhausted. 

"Shumpert... I did it. I avenged us"

Carmelo faints on the ground

The final score is Cavs: 103, Knicks: 63.


10 Word Version

The Cleveland Cavaliers destroy the New York Knicks again.


Comments

  1. Brandon this story was hilarious! The poor New York Knicks have not had the best luck in the last few years and it is understood why Melo would want to get out of there FAST lol. I like how you wrote a story about sports again and really like reading your content because I can relate to it! Keep up the good work this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brandon!

    I'm going to be honest, I don't know much about basketball or the teams that are in the NBA, but this story was great! I like how you made real life players have a more personal feel for your story! I don't quite understand the satire as much as I probably should, but I do know that it's there! Thanks for sharing this story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brandon,
    I love how all of your stories are something to do with sports, or most of them at least. I love sports and I love reading your stories. This story was so good and hilarious because the cavs back then were so good and always won. Keep up writing your stories, they are awesome and so interesting to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Brandon,
    Wow this micro was hilarious, you are really good at it. The knicks are a blunder and you summed it up perfectly here haha. I really did not see the end part about the score coming and that just tied it all together for me. Keep up writing these awesome microfictions.
    Philip Crowley

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts